View Single Post
marcoleap

Member Since May 2017
4 hugs
given
Default Aug 10, 2018 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay14 View Post
Ordinarily, i wouldn't think that such a small dose could make a difference one way or another, but for you right now this seems to be the case. One of my other thoughts would be that your antidepressant spooning out on you. Maybe that is worth a call to the,psychiatrist.
I've spoken to my psychiatrist but he doesn't think the Zoloft is pooping out because I was on it for more than 15 years without any problems at all. It was only when I tapered down from 150mg to 50mg a day that my depression and anxiety recurred, and then when I reinstated the Zoloft, my depression and anxiety did improve, just not as much or as quickly as before. My guess is that during the 2 years that I tapered off the Zoloft, my depression was gathering a head of steam on a biological level. I asked about switching meds, but my psychiatrist said there is a risk that a different drug won't work as well, and since I did respond to the reinstated Zoloft, it made more sense to augment. As for what's happening right now, I suppose the Zoloft could be pooping out, but it seems more likely that reducing from 1mg to 0.5mg of Abilify is the culprit. It does surprise me that such a small dose could make a difference, but apparently it's a powerful medication, and I did reduce my dose by 50%.
marcoleap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote