View Single Post
nikon
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2017
678 hugs
given
Default Aug 11, 2018 at 09:56 AM

hi everyone
i'm currently working as a receptionist, filling in for someone who is on maternity leave. she is meant to come back at the end of august, and i'm dreading looking for another job. i'm studying part time too, and it took ages to build up the mental strength to be able to work almost full time. i worked at this place for a couple of years in a very part-time role, but have done the last few months almost full time. the legalities of it are very vague, though, like i don't have a contract etc and there has been no clear discussion of whether i'm going to have any part time work once this is over. it's a small business and i am related to one of the part-owners, so it's very casual. this has been great in the way i have been able to have some flexibility, but i feel uncertain now.

in the past when i worked full time i have ended up in hospital both times, and had to start again from scratch trying to get part time work again. i'm scared of trying to get another job and being around all new people and trying to learn a whole lot of new stuff. at the moment i struggle sometimes, like clients are really rude and impatient, but i've got a lot better.

just venting...
nikon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Turtle_Rider