View Single Post
birdcrazy
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2009
Default Aug 11, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiety247 View Post
It really sounds like she has SSI. She gets 750 a month and she should rightfully get medicaid and not medicare.

I would call or go to a local social security office with the letters to get it figured out. If she enrolls into Medicare she would lose so much in terms of the coverage she has now.
They already enrolled me and wouldn't let me protest it!

I wonder if this has to do with work credits, when I originally applied for disability back in 2010, they said I was "very close to getting SSDI but barely not enough work credits" I got married in 2012. My husband only has 2 work credits because he worked "under the table" most of his life (which he regrets now) but could those two credits have something to do with it? Also I just got redetermined to get SSI and it's kinda funny this is happening now. Also on another forum, somebody suggested I try to prove I was disabled since I was a child ( back then I had severe meltdowns, hyperactivity, and other symptoms requiring special education and had a childhood diagnosis of ADHD. I've had the suggestion it was the choildhood start of the mood disorder I have now with maybe a mild autism spectrum disorder thrown in.

Last edited by birdcrazy; Aug 11, 2018 at 10:41 AM..
birdcrazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote