Magnate

Member Since Nov 2016
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Aug 15, 2018 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_Stargazer View Post
For as long as I can remember, even as a child, my mother has ignored me. I keep telling her how I feel and she ends up getting angry, refusing to not talk to me any further and telling me that "I'm being so sensitive." If I talk to her or want to show her anything or want to talk to her about anything that makes me happy, she acts not interested and sort of looks at me, "Oh okay.." Than she goes back to doing what she does.

I feel isolated by her, abandoned and unhappy anytime she rejects me, ignores me, shrugs her shoulders and doesn't even give me the time of day. However he relationship with my younger brother is different. They both speak to one another, laugh with one another and get along great.

Here I'm thinking, "What is wrong with me?" "Why can't she speak to me the way she speaks to others?" "Am I such a bad kid?" All I want is her love, support, comfort and acknowledge me but she never seems interested, ignores me and continues to tell me how sensitive I am, which I know I am.

I feel as if some way this is a form of abuse and that this must be a toxic relationship I have with her. Just a moment ago I was laughing and trying to show her something that made me laugh and no reaction. I got no reaction out of her at all. Just a simple, "Yeah, I see it."

Now I'm heartbroken and feel as if I can't breathe because I'm so close to crying right now. I feel so ignored by her, like I don't exist in the world. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please someone give me some support right now because I'm close to crying...
The best thing I can say is that this is your mother's problem, and not yours. She is the one that has a issue. I was always the black sheep with my parents up until the day they passed away. Please don't do what I did. I am 53, and almost up until my parents passed, I did anything, and everything I could do to feel like they loved me. Please don't waste all your time to enjoy your life, trying to get acceptance, that may never happen.
katydid777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Amethyst_Stargazer, unaluna