emeraldheart

Member Since Sep 2017
51 hugs
given
Default Aug 15, 2018 at 08:04 PM

T today. Intense as always.

Me: I hate you

T: How come?

Me: You unearthed all of these deep wounds and long buried memories and I don’t know what to do with them.

T: You’re right. I’ve unlocked the box. I’ve arrogantly asked you to trust me and then I leave you alone for the rest of the week. It’s like I’m working against you.

Me: So why are you?

T: I don’t mean to. I’m here to support you. Part of that support is leading us to very uncomfortable territories. Unfortunately, doing that also means that these heavy emotions will linger. They will seep into other parts of your life. I’m sorry.

Me: I’m just not sure how to handle these things

T: You don’t have to do it alone. We can figure out a way where you feel supported even when you are not in this room.

Me: I wouldn’t want to be a bother

T: Em, during our very first session, I agreed to help you through this. I bear part of the responsibility for your safety, progress and healing. We ask a lot from each other. I ask you to be vulnerable every week, and you ask me to help you through that. I intend to keep my end of the deal. Will you?

Me: I can try.

T: That’s all I ask.

Me: I still hate you

T: That’s fair.

Hugs from:
CantExplain, ChickenNoodleSoup, Echos Myron redux, ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail, WarmFuzzySocks

Thanks for this!
Echos Myron redux, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail