View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Aug 16, 2018 at 12:54 PM

bluebicycle, you're really going to have to talk about this seriously with your doctor or get more opinions. I am not sure what you can get out stating your rejection of your bipolar diagnosis here. I'm not sure what you are looking for in this thread. Just getting the thought out there/venting? Asking for opinions?

I'm not qualified to speculate on diagnoses. I obviously know a lot about bipolar disorder. I also know a little about autism spectrum disorders since both of my nephews were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. And yet, I've seen people with Asperger's that were kind of different than my nephews in some ways. My nephews themselves presented a teeny bit different than each other. My younger nephew also had bipolar disorder diagnosis. He tragically died from it last year. I'm not sure if his Asperger's played any part. I can say that his bipolar course was different than mine. He suffered far more from depression than I have. Manias of various levels have characterized my course more. I believe in the spectrum idea for both autism and bipolar disorder.

My nephews seemed to be affected by Asperger's to such a degree that my family assumed/s that neither would ever live on their own. I wonder if my living nephew will ever marry. I know some with Asperger's do, though.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote