Row Jimmy
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
400 hugs
given
Default Aug 17, 2018 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
I personally was thrilled when I got my “ label” I had bounced all over mood wise for decades. So accepting for me was simple.

Regardless of your “label” it’s all about treating the symptoms.

I have seen you very unwell many many times and it does not present like autism, not at all.
My p-doc says the same thing. In the beginning, he said "well, something's up, not sure exactly, but your behavior isn't normal". He calls himself a "diagnostic agnostic" but he eventually landed on BP after six months of visits. He's more interested in treating the symptoms. I might have BP or BPD or anxiety. Or some combo of the three.....or just two. I simply roll with it and keep working on getting better.

Bluebicycle, as an aside, I have a friend who we joking call a "holic". He's been diagnosed with BP but he was into drugs, sex, booze, gambling, you name it. He's a character - three years into recovery. In short, he warned me there would come a time when I would turn on my diagnosis. "There's nothing wrong with me, I'm perfectly normal, they made a mistake, I don't feel bipolar". That sort of thing. What we need to do is trust our docs to give us the right direction. It's OK to question things but we should do so in a measured fashion.

Good luck.
Row Jimmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
*Laurie*, Wild Coyote