Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2018 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannahsays View Post
Since there are a few negative comments about your therapist, LT, I feel like chiming in at this point and saying that I don't see where he is doing you any harm. You seem to be progressing nicely. It sounds like you know this, and I commend you on pushing through despite how painful it can be. I think many people here, myself included, could stand to learn from your example. Although C has been in therapy for many years, I never participated myself beyond a session or two until recently, so therapy is rather new to me. I have come to the unpleasant conclusion that therapy isn't meant to be pleasant and the therapist isn't there to coddle you. I'm not saying that painful therapy = good therapy, but I do think that progress is probably often necessarily painful. With your particular issues, I don't know how it could be otherwise. Anyway, just my two cents.

Thanks for your comments. I agree that progress can be painful. The thing is, I can see some really clear benefits in my "real life," which makes me think it's worth it. It would be different if it seemed like only pain, with no progress. And if it starts feeling like that, I'll have to seriously reevaluate whether to stay with this T (which I've already reevaluated that a few times) and/or to stay in therapy at all. For now, just going to keep pushing forward.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty