View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Aug 25, 2018 at 08:04 PM

As a child I used to get into verbal battles all the time especially with my mom. My dad would hide in the garage. Well it was always whete he spent all his time anyway.

I remember having a resolve when I was in junior high to stop fighting with them. It lasted all of a few days then like normal they said something to spur on a fight. I remember thinking in my mind....ok if this is the way you want it FINE. I just fought back since it was what they seemed to want.....& I threw back the verse....."don't provoke your child to anger".....(dang that was way back around 1966)

Being an only child I stayed in my own room most of the time when I wasn't at school anyway. My mom held onto her anger. I just blew up & couldn't remember what the battle was about after it was over because it was always about stupid stuff but that was my childhood. It took me until after I left my bad marriage to realize the anxiety I felt in my marriage was the same thing I had felt all my.life. it was so nice to have it all gone though I kinda felt like an orphan with absolutely no family alive except my daughter who we get along with each other at a distance. Better at a distance than not at all.

So many different ways parents find ways of being so dysfunctional & causing such bad & lasting effects on their kids.

As a parent, fighting not being anything like my parents but not having a mentor of how to be, I found my own ways to mess up my own daughter. There just is no good manual on raising kids especially when we are fighting our own battles.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BettysGranddaughter, butterflyweed00, Fuzzybear, Open Eyes