Legendary

Member Since Jan 2009
7,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2018 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus1234U View Post
Possum~ i have heard that removal of the gall bladder is often unnecessary, and can have serious consequences to your digestive system. i used an herbal tea, called Licorice Root Tea (which doesn't taste like licorice ), to dissolve and remove left over drugs from my system. it is specifically recommended for gall stones and kidney stones. you have to watch your potassium levels while on it, and it's good to supplement magnesium and calcium, too, as it can dissolve those also.

anyway, i hope you can find a way to keep you gall bladder, the more our systems are intact, the longer they last !

I like the sound of Licorice Root Tea and I also like Licorice flavour. The more I google it the more I see that gallstones are often only picked up because of ultrasounds for other issues like hernias. If I didnt have the hernia I would be none the wiser about the stones. My Mum did have her gallbladder removed when she was in her 50's because of problems but I still wonder if I am doing the right thing. I also am concerned about having no gallbladder how it will affect my digestive system. Mind you the Surgeon said he had another patient that had theirs removed and that person did lose weight. It's not like I can't afford to drop some poundage. I dunno. Maybe I should go and ask my GP.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U