View Single Post
DP_2017
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 26, 2018 at 09:11 AM

I am the same as far as independent goes. I don't feel I am dependent on my T. Like I don't seek advice from him, I can manage my life without him... BUT....I really value him in my life and want that connection. For me... I don't always need something current... like a new email... but I can read old ones, or look at photos, think about something that reminds me of him.

If you really want the emails every week, just ask and explain why. It's tough but sometimes the hardest things are worth most in the end. Just know that at some point, many therapists get to a point where they don't answer every email. It may just be a short term thing to help. You could also see if he has a photo online and you can keep it on your computer to look at. Many people do that and no you don't have to tell him. They expect those kinds of things to happen.

Another idea that worked for me when my T was away for 2 weeks and I was not allowed any contact, is to write him letters. You don't have to actually give them (you can obviously) just write down your thoughts and things you want to say as if you are actually speaking directly to him. It really does help. Good luck and this is nothing to be ashamed of. Connections in therapy are hugely important to many people. Therapists are used to that want/need.

Thanks for this!
Lrad123