View Single Post
Gus1234U
Seeker

Member Since Jun 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2018 at 02:59 PM

had to go to the doc, today, to get a liver enzyme blood test, for a new med i'm on (temp); wrote a letter about my Met/Glyp not doing the job, and she put me on a 'sustained release' insulin called Lantus... anyone ever hear of it?
i have to find a way to pick it up this week, not a good time for that....

my cousin, who's been helping me, has her dad's funeral this week. she took care of him for 4 years. for the past year i have been 'helping' her, by using my observational and personal skills to understand what he was going thru. he was in hospice the last 4 month, and had a visiting nurse who didn't explain things to my cousin. he was totally 'out of it, the last 3 months.

then she's going to send her mom to stay with her brother and she's taking 6 weeks off! i told her to take 8, but the brother has plans,,, he hasn't been any help, and now he's talking about "OUR" property and money, insurance,,, the DOG.

anyway, my little stinkers got in the house this morning just before dawn and woke me up; i had to get up and chase 3 of them out of the house... they didn't put up much of a fuss LOL, one of them is the little Squirrelly who's mother kicked her out of the shed, so now she's living under the house. O.O

but what i wanted to ask, also, my BS was 115 at 6 a.m. and i didn't have anything to eat or drink til i got home at 1 p.m., when i retested it was 149! does anyone else have this happen, that exercise makes their blood sugars go UP ?? and also, i feel FAMISHED, ready to cram donuts - hungry... the higher my BS the hungrier i feel.... it's all so strange.

i have mixed feelings about using any kind of injectable insulin, but these 'pens' are preloaded, just dial a dose, and jab... i'll try to keep you informed on how it treats me...

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
possum220