PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2008 at 09:33 AM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
nowheretorun said:
</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
coralproper said:
hope you dont have many spills

I know how that can be

we hold around 30,000 gallons of mineral oil,it can burn in a diesel engine, not to mention hundreds of tranformers moved with forklifts and sitting around the yards full of oil

probably the most risk of explosion though is while jet arcing the tops off of pad mounted transformers that have gone bad, since a gas builds up that exnites and makes them explode like a bomb, if they are not purged first with nitrogen

tell me more about the most resent random tourist town trip, that sounds interesting

If I was single I would go to Amsterdam

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

whats happening this weekend coral?

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

whats challenging for me at work coral, with the propane, is that in your 'yard' it sounds like a gated and controlled area... only employees allowed? with proper training in safety i would assume (tho i know how that goes also) ...

for me, its an open area where anyone can drive up and do anything... ive actually had some people think the Propane tank was a huge air tank even tho in BIG RED letters, it clearly says 'PROPANE...

they dont understand gas clouds... they dont even understand there's oxygen in propane...

all i think they understand is propane = food... for some, its heat...

but, what gets me is the way some companys have tried to make very dangerous products consumer friendly without proper education

it keeps me on edge, in a good way... i tell people about the cautions...

sometimes they ask questions and it kinda bugs me that while im answering they walk away like they already know the answers and were only making an attempt at small talk.. so, i just tell them i have to pay attention to the job .. no time for distractions..

many understand, some are offended.. ive spent many years studying the mind of the 'average consumer' ..

i will probably have more to add...

im just really thankful for those who take time to consider serious risk..

havent taken any out of town trips lately, but i feel one coming soon

take care Coral
nowheretorun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote