View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Sep 04, 2018 at 08:45 AM

I don't think crying or even sadness is a required symptom for depression. I can be depressed, but not "sad" in the way I consider sadness.

I, too, am not easily prone to crying. I sometimes am just seriously numb or experience what I call "tight fist in my stomach", if anyone can understand what I'm talking about by that. When I do cry, it's often in short bursts that can be quickly followed by nervous laughter. This is most frequent during my mixed episodes, but yet I also tend to have the "tight fist in stomach" feeling then, too, or anger.

I do cry a lot when losing someone I really loved, but luckily that doesn't happen often. Even then, the "tight fist in stomach" feeling can happen.

A lot of my depressions that are not clearly situational depressions result more in the numb feeling or so dragged down in energy and motivation that life seems too challenging. That challenging feeling is significant, and can bring on extreme hopelessness or a desperation and/or inability to enjoy life. My thoughts slow down to an eerie nothing, again, unless there are mixed features involved.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Sep 04, 2018 at 10:26 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself, ObiRonKenobi, Wild Coyote