Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 06, 2018 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedTrekker View Post
It's been over two weeks since I tapered off and stopped the Lamictal. My heart rate now is much lower again, and I don't have major palpitations and racing heart when going up stairs. My resting heart rate now hovers around 55-68bpm. Going up stairs at normal pace, it goes only to about 110bpm. This is much lower then when I was on the Lamictal.

My psychiatrist kept telling me that the Lamictal shouldn't have caused that, especially since I had reduced the dose down to 25mg. I'm not sure what else could have caused my higher heart rate over all those days, because it was continuously high until after a week of stopping Lamictal.

Perhaps it was an interaction between Lamictal and one of my other meds. Who knows. But I'm not going to take it again unless I need it.

I'm also thinking if maybe I have some type of Dysautonomia condition. Because occasionally I get chills and have low body temp.

I know it's a different class of med, but I think I'm having similar issues with Abilify with elevated heart rate (not sure about BP--haven't checked it in the few weeks since I've been taking it). My p-doc said to stop taking Abilify and see if it helps. I was also on Lamictal for a bit in the past and it increased my anxiety--I forget whether it affected my heart rate.

Also, you mention dysautonomia. You said how on Lamictal your heart rate would go up considerably when you stand up. Are you still having that issue? If so, you may want to check into a condition called POTS
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote