cptsdwhoa
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2018
441 hugs
given
Default Sep 12, 2018 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Laurie* View Post
I am active on a Facebook page in which there are only "positive posts" permitted. ALL posts that might cause dialogue or debate are immediately deleted. It's insane. Part of being a human being is having a full range of emotions. I think that people who cannot accept that are more messed up than any person with MI is.
EXACTLY! After my mom died, I had zero support. I was actually told, at 13 years old, that I had to be strong and take over I guess. Well meaning but misguided advice that I would have to grow up I guess? I've thought about that over the years and I can't believe he actually said that to a kid who just lost her mother. I'm like wha?! Please help me I need an adult! lol

I watch the rest of my family and how they don't process their emotions well and bury them. I don't think they know how to handle their emotions honestly. That's one of the reasons I think they are some of the most damaged people I know. If they can't handle their own, then no wonder I was raised the way I was.

Last edited by cptsdwhoa; Sep 12, 2018 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: Clarification
cptsdwhoa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Laurie*, Fuzzybear, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
MtnTime2896