View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2018 at 11:13 AM

Today, many years of crazy living come down to a decision & actions that’s out of my hands.

Since 2011 I & my partner have been the steady people getting our condo up to speed to replace its siding. I’ve commented before on this site about this saga and will spare myself the agony of rehashing the details.

The latest owner and also newest member of the Board has over-insisted on getting lots of things “nailed down” and in “iron-clad” language through the means of a contract. The siding vendor rebelled before signing and now the whole d*mn thing is on the brink of falling apart.

The board meets tonight, and my gut has been in full churn mode for the past week or so as I consider how very close this is to failing. We have no Plan B, no replacement company.

From this churn I have lots of feelings and thoughts of how to make yet another case to yet another board to keep this moving. I also resolve to do all I can to break the hex or spell that’s keeps our relations in continual turmoil.

I wish it were otherwise, I wish I had even a vote on the Board (I don’t. I attend as an owner). I wish for a lot of things that didn’t happen. I wish other people had caught my hints. I don’t want people to feel hurt (I’ll say that) but sometimes I’ll have to be more direct to save the work if the situation calls for it.

It would be wise for all of us to listen concretely and intuitively so that we spare ourselves direct standoffs. Sometimes Wisdom is in short supply.

Send support for me.

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
seesaw