View Single Post
nj_hi

Member Since May 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 23, 2018 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
So she liked to work and be useful once. She probably would again, but at a slower pace. And not feeling obligated to do so. I know i am very lazy in my old age! Do you take walks together? I am wondering, how can she make a friend?
Yes, she did like to work. She wants to work now to, she sometimes tells me to give her work off my own work or get her new work. I tried to, a couple of times, but every time, just when she starts work, either we would start fighting over nothing or she would just say, no i don't want to do work at the moment, or no, i'll do it afterwards.

But the problem is, with her aging, the scope of work that's available for her is very less, and what work is available, she needs to do on time, otherwise the employer would go away. And that does not happen - she isn't able to do the work feeling obligated.

Your'e so right - that's the point - she doesn't want to feel obligated. I wonder how you figured that out. Maybe it was like that with your mom. All the same, I think that you can't do work unless you feel obligated to do it and that's the reason she isn't able to do it.

We don't walk together. That's just because we feel very pressurised by society and the people near us. You see, everyone has a family - no one is single or alone - and I think she feels sad or bad as well as we both feel odd walking together in any public place - because its just odd here in India for a lone mother and her son to walk up anywhere - people make you feel odd they make you feel out of place.

We sometimes wonder whether we could go someplace else to live in.

The above reason - the reason we can't walk - is also another reason why she is unable to make friends = because all her old friends are now married and have busy family lives - and she is alone so they don't treat her the same way. And she also needs to have extra cash on her hands to make friends - in order to be able to do some show off and feel good about herself - but she doesn't like doing that also on my money. She does not like living off my earnings. I get very sad about this fact.

I do take her to a big park full of nature about 4-5 miles off every week, we try to enjoy our time there, although there is the same problem - the park is mostly filled with couples and young people (of my age) with their partners or GFs/BFs and we just don't feel that we're in the right place - although going to the park has had some positive effect on her and me too.

I'm just hoping she can survive this until I make enough money so that we can relocate to a good place more suitable to us - a society more acceptable - or no society at all. But I also hope we can find that kind of place - I don't think there is any such "dream" place for us to be but maybe I'll find it.
nj_hi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna