View Single Post
UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2018 at 05:46 AM

Just below 156 pounds again this morning. I am probably being too conservative with editing down some of the burn numbers. In particular, I think the model of treadmill I have started using at the gym is probably more accurate than I give it credit for.
This calculator:
Treadmill Calculator
actually comes up with a number about double what I take, higher than the machine registers. It says I burned nearly 800. Actually it says I did, but I ramp up to my max speed (4.6 for the first half hour, 4.7 for the second) and taper off and the end, so for each half hour I really only spend about 26 minutes at top speed.

I wish there was some way to be sure how accurate that calculator is. Playing around with it, I can see that at 4.2 mph and 10 degree gradient it is roughly equivalent to the 5 mph running I used to do. That's probably a better idea for me than trying to start running for much distance again. I have cranked the speed up to 6 and run a little bit. With just a slight gradient, can get my HR up to 170. Then when I taper back to my fast walk my HR drops and settles at ~150. When I ramp up to my fast walk, it takes considerably longer for my HR to reach 150.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|