Buffy01
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,844 hugs
given
Default Oct 07, 2018 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human3284 View Post
Naw she has not called just because she needs to vent or anything. She called me a few times because she wants to or asks me to call her because she's having a bad day and has nobody to talk to, so I call her when I am available. One time I told her I was off at 1 and home by 2 and need to excercise after so I'll call her later at 5pm. If I call her right away isn't that kinda clingy? I guess I could have called after I finished work and talked for a while, then called her later to see if she was doing ok still, but this was all 2017, I made a thread similar to this a while back when I was in my bad mental state, still am but nothing close to it now. I am 34 years old, I just want some close friendships before it's too late and I wont be able to make friends outside of work because I'm old and everyone else has their own stuff, seems as you age friends are not a common thing like before and I don't really wanna be alone sitting at home playing video games and stuff. Last time she called me was her day off last December, just wanted to say hello she text me after and that was the very last phone call.

I been reading about friendships and read it's normal to have times of being close and other times when you aren't and it's a normal process of friendship which I am not used to. Besides work friends I've not had a friend since elementary school. She does not really contact me as she's always busy and her idea of friendship is not the same as mine, I wanna be in contact with a friend, hang out often, text or call often. But she's all about her family and her job even though she's told me she wants friends, a small group of them and close to them all, not a huge group which I can respect and all I want is some friends. It's all complicated because I still live inside my head. Maybe I'll just start with a simple phone call once a month, then slowly make it every 3 weeks and stuff. Last time she said call whenever you want, but what is that really? once a week, a few times a week, etc? and how would I know if I am annoying that person by calling too much?
I had a friend like that. I was eventually left because her boyfriend was more important than me and her family didn't like me
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky