cptsdwhoa
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2018
441 hugs
given
Default Oct 08, 2018 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12AM View Post
I personally think you’re opening a can of worms by sending him letters. Toxic people won’t change even after many years passed by. But, I truly adore your kindness and the kind of heart you have. You care about them no matter how much they hurt you. You believe that people can change, you’re hoping that they would so you reach out to them even though you’re risking your own heart here. I think that’s the kind of bravery that not many have. So good luck for that! Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
What I see as a positive is that you are taking steps to set boundaries and you are also aware of your brother's behavior patterns that disrespect your boundaries. Sometimes however, a family can be too toxic to interact with and even though you want to find a way, it's very possible that you will never actually find the kind of respect you desire from them.
Yes 12AM I do keep hoping. As you've explained here my kind heartedness (thank you so much for saying that you're so kind ) sometimes gets me into trouble with manipulative people. Maybe I just don't know how to self protect. I'm still only learning boundaries. I don't want to think that I can't ever be around them, but I'm still waiting for my dad to change too (the whole family really)...it hasn't happened...yet. Thank you for your input.

12AM and Open Eyes I do think I could be opening a can of worms. That's why I only feel comfortable with a letter. If only in acknowledgement that I have a twin brother and I'm grateful that we saw another year and are entering another decade. It may be too much to think there's been a major turnaround.
cptsdwhoa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
12AM, avlady