View Single Post
MJLouise

Member Since Oct 2018
78 hugs
given
Default Oct 09, 2018 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauflow View Post
I am controversial, I use marijuana and CBD a lot. If the sativa is too strong I get more manic like, if the indica and I am already depressed I can get worse. I avoid indica these days.
A hybrid is great and CBD has helped me so much, then THC-a has too. I take a combination of thc and CBd in a gummy in the mornings which has helped me out a lot, but I am still on my journey. I still do what I do .. going without marijuana to prove something, i get bad and have issues getting back.

I've tried various herbal teas, kava, meditation, acupuncture aromatherapy. Outside nature, therapy, art, journals...
I want to do acupuncture again, that I felt helped with stress.
The aromatherapy therapy has been helping me lately too... but not as much.
I've been trying so many things over time, I have trouble accepting this Dx and times...I took meds I felt worse. sometimes i realize that i'm grasping at the same things, like the tea and it hits me- "I've been here before haven't i? What time of the year is it again?".
Idk maybe I am not bipolar but keep getting dx with it.

Do you exercise regularly? If so what helps Keep your routine?
What you said "I have trouble accepting this Dx and times...I took meds I felt worse. sometimes i realize that i'm grasping at the same things, like the tea and it hits me- "I've been here before haven't i? What time of the year is it again?"."

I was diagnosied in 2002 severly depressed hospitalized didnt eat for a week cried and couldnt talk to anyone was put on litium and wellbutrin after i was stable on lithium. Then after my kids i was on just a maintenance dose of lamictol then went off that wen i was having fatigue and my vision got blurry without asking a doctor because we moved around quite a bit in that time period. I just spent 10 waisted years off meds thinking it was something else- convinced! I have been to 3 different general practitioners looking for the cause of my episodes of fatigue and depression refused to go on a mood stabalizer. tested for autoimmune, MS, Cancer, Sleep disorders, connective tissue, allergies.Tried every diet protocol under the sun grain free, paleo, scd, juicing, then back on grain vegan, cbd oil and THC oil (legal in WA state where i used to live) in my tea at night, kava, herbal supplements, st johns wort. Must have blown at least 2K on supplements alone trying each one methodologically journal ling how it effected me.

Then this major episode of severe depression hit - and I feel l ike i felt back in 2002 and I cant believe I forgot how this felt and how i am and its actually so horrible its helping me see clearly- I think in hindsight I was having hypomanic and mild depression states and I was addicted to the hypomania and kept trying to get back there but now that I feel like this again i realize I ahvent been normal since I was on a mood stabalizer and I remember normal but not what it felt like. However I was sos much more functional I'll take normal over hypomanic any day. None of the homeopathy and nature hikes and pot none of that helped. Nicotine helps my fatigue but its so temporary i get maybe a 30 min boost of focus for 2mg lozenge.

I was so convinced it was Bipolar but now I look back on it an i was only able to hold a job and go to school the times i was on a mood stabalizer. Now im at square 1 with a new therapist and unless i want to be hospitalized she can only see me 1x a month and its taken 2 months already now and I'm still not on the lithium she says shes putting me back on- she wants an eeg first.

=( I feel like a complete medical crazy pot with how many natural cures and money i've tried and waisted. Pot helped me wake up a little perkier in the morning for a little while but did nothing one this more severe depression his- now Im in Germany and can't get on meds fast enough =(.

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote