View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Oct 13, 2018 at 03:40 AM

No irritability and enjoying my coworkers so far. I was on disabililty earlier this year but because I lost it--when I was offered a full time temporary job, I took it.

Perhaps my transportation arrangements are fueling my hypomania. My husband drives to work at 6:20 AM for a 7 AM - 3 PM job. We only have one car and because he makes 5X more per hour than I do with my new job--I am working around his schedule (he doesn't want me to work if it causes any problems ). So, I get up and usually make us breakfast and a lunch for us to take to work. Then he loads my bike into the bed of his truck. There is a bus stop near his workplace where I load my bike. When I get off that bus route, it is a 1.5 mile bike ride to work. I get there about 45 minutes before my 8:30 AM shift. When I get out of work at 5:30 PM, I ride my bike 4 miles to a different bus stop which takes me to a spot that is 3 miles from my home resulting in arriving at home between 7:05 and 7:20 PM.

I actually enjoy all the bike riding but the problem is that by 8 PM, my husband is ready for bed but when I lie down--I am still wound up. Before adopting this schedule, I only took my xanax about 3X a week--now I am taking it every evening and still wound up. This morning, a severe leg cramp in my right calf woke me up at 1 AM (I am still wide awake). No big deal today since it is Saturday but this is the 2nd time this week.

Perhaps the hypomania will go away once the job becomes routine? Do you think I have taken on a schedule that is incompatable with my bipolar II traits (noticed earlier this year that this is one of my diagnosis but GAD/panic disorder is the bigger concern--the diagnosis which is rock solid. ) Unless I totally crash--I plan on sticking to this schedule since the job only lasts until mid or early December......
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Fuzzybear, Innerzone, Jedi67, MickeyCheeky, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote, xRavenx

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote