Grand Magnate

Member Since Sep 2018
10.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2018 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I drank a 64oz bottle of Snapple half and half this afternoon. It only had 50 calories, but was that still not a good idea? I had about 1,200 calories today. Is it still considered stress eating if you are not eating an excessive amount of calories? Like I’ll decide to go to ihop and I’ll get chocolate pancakes and French fries which will come out to 930 calories but then just have 270 calories the rest of the day and still be at my calorie goals. Would that still be stress eating?

I’m trying to find a nutritionist. I talked to my therapist today and she said they don’t have one at the clinic I go to because they don’t focus on physical health. They must have them for people who have lost weight and are trying to maintain? I want to maintain at 135. I have 20 more pounds to go.

Where would I turn to? I don’t have an eating disorder or diabetes. I’m on medicare. I’m not sure Medicare pays for one. But if it’s like $150 or less for one session out of pocket is ok.

I’m just worried about all this talk about how difficult maintaining is.
A few things to try:
1. Keep a food diary of all food you eat for 1-2 weeks and estimate calories you eat, also make 1 small change per day or week towards eating balanced and healthy. If rarely eat vegetables then eat 1 cup cooked vegetables at lunch and again the next day at dinner.