UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Oct 21, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
My calculator says 1,170 calories for the day. I didn’t measure or weigh my dinner. I doubt my chicken was 4oz and I think I only had about 5-6 shrimp and the serving was 11. I felt self conscious weighing and counting my food in front of everyone. We are having a large party at my house. So I’m probably way under. I’ve had no energy mentally lately so I didn’t really care tonight.
I ballpark chicken a lot and I am usually pretty close. I always guess before I weight it, so that when I can't I feel pretty confident. Converted to calories, my guess is probably within 50 well over 90% of the time. I would worry more about guessing with something more calorie dense and unusual (in terms of logging it and knowing calories) like a dessert. I don't eat mammals, so I eat a lot of chicken and a fair amount of seafood. You want to weigh things when you can, but guessing shrimp and chicken every now and then is not likely to get you off course.

I ate too much yesterday and returned to one of my old habits of rolling forward today. I am hopeful this will help put a stop to my recent overages. I really can't remember now what made me think it was a bad habit. I started the day with close to 500 calories already logged and it did make me think harder about breakfast choices, eat healthy but light and not have that last cupcake. The "just try and do better tomorrow" approach really isn't working. I still have not gone over my maintenance range, which is 150-160, but I have been 159 the last couple of times after moving in that direction for the last month or two. I was down around 155 with a few lower dips not all that long ago. I need to get back in weight loss mode and go to the bottom of the range.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed