View Single Post
Tucson
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2018 at 02:51 AM

Lets start with yesterday, Saturday. 13,212 steps. Exercised 4.17 miles. Burned 460 calories. This made for a target of 2660 calories. I had only consumed 1677 calories. So I was woefully short by 993 calories. I just was not hungry enough to finish off something like a piece of mega-calorie pie.

Now for today, Sunday. I weigh 171 pounds. I slipped a little. I did not exercise. So I have a target of 2200 calories. I think the shortage from yesterday was so outrageously low that I could not do any wrong. I ended up with a dessert that I made myself of around 1000 calories. So I ended up consuming 2848 calories. This makes for an overage of 648 calories, which still makes me short net calories. At this point, I am not seeing this much of an issue, but I will eat a bit more tomorrow.

I am finding out that if I push myself for my running exercise one day, I may need up to three days to recover. I waited three days by happenstance this time and found myself to have noticeably much more energy. I think recovery time can be just as important as time spent exercising. So I need to keep this in mind for the future.

When I am not running, I go to the fitness center. I focus mostly on my arms and back and midsection. My arms are scrawny. This will take time. So if I do not run tomorrow, which is actually later today, I will go to the center. As I get better, I am actually beginning to enjoy running. I think what may begin to happen is weight loss due to calories spent at the fitness center that are difficult for me to assess.

Last edited by Tucson; Oct 22, 2018 at 03:09 AM..