View Single Post
SheHulk07
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2013
871 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 28, 2018 at 04:50 AM

Saw T our new 3x per week this week. Last 2 weeks we were only able to see each other twice a week because I was sick and the other was a previously arranged due to scheduling. Most of my sessions this week were talking about how I've been extremely irritated this week and think it might be due to a new med I started. Discussed that my doctor agrees and is following up with me this week about it. Talked about how I feel like I can't relax at all even in sessions on Friday. We started talking about how I sit, I don't even use the footrest! I'm very proper in all my appointments and he talked about how he's not concerned with social appropriateness...like how I worry about how I look and appear in public and at appointments. He told me that this is my space for the hour and encouraged me to do whatever I need to be comfortable. We talked about how it's difficult for me to maintain eye contact. He told me that the chairs swivel so I can always try turning mine around to not face him and mentioned the couch again. Talked some about my brothers because I told him I was going to my younger brother's birthday party tonight and how weird I felt about it. Talked briefly about some new SH that I've been doing this week and SI. I don't say much about it in there because I hold myself together and back from saying too much. Again he encouraged me to say whatever is on my mind and all of that. I really like him as a therapist but it's so difficult for me to completely open up to a new T since I've really only been seeing him since August and only a few weeks as my only T.

Hugs from:
ChickenNoodleSoup, LonesomeTonight