Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2018 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Hi,

Wow, what an awful situation LitaryLark. Poor cat. Yes, if they've got rawness and funny smells, well, anywhere really, then yes, get her to the vet and the poor thing has only to endure one more day. The vet will fix it, don't worry.

Yes, you're right, a lot of people tend to forget that animals go through an awful lot in their lives, too. More hardships than people in many instances. Good on you.

You hang in there too, please. You're obviously a caring mom to your cat and, yes, make sure to keep her comfort and to let her go outside the garage sometimes as well, which I'm sure you're doing.

Hang in there, LL! Wow.
Thank you. I've been through a lot myself...the last thing I want is to lose her, and I almost lost her once...when we evacuated to the hotel, we received a phone call that there was a dead gray-and-white cat on our property. I heard my dad say, "Yes, that was my daughter's cat, bag her up" and I couldn't believe it until he said, "I'm sorry, LL, Evy's dead." I absolutely lost it. I screamed so loud the whole hotel could hear me. It was honestly worse than losing the house or any of my precious belongings. Then when we went to go dig at our house, guess who quite literally jumped out of what was my bedroom window? Evy! After that, I would spend up to 6 hours every day looking for her.

I was able to rescue her with the help of a "professional cat lady" who devoted her time rescuing misplaced cats and reuniting them with their owners. That's a whole story right there, but to have her back in my arms was the best feeling in the whole world.

And this is our first photo together:

The meds must have kicked in, because she's gone silent for the first time in well, two hours! On the ride up to our new home, it took her EXACTLY two hours on the dot for her to go silent. I had to stand up to see where she is, she's sitting right beside me with a little "What?" from her when I looked at her. Finally, she's silent! I think she'll spend the rest of the night okay. I think it's been exactly two hours from when I gave her the pill...at least they work like the vet said they would!
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, unaluna

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, unaluna