View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 31, 2018 at 03:17 PM

Ate better today, but I ran way too much.

Ran so much the skin is peeling off the last 2 toes of both feet, horrid blisters there too. It hurts so much to walk in any type of shoe. Took Tylenol, but it didn't help a bit. Really want to take an NSAID but can't after that stupid perforated ulcer.

I don't know how I am going to make it through Halloween. It is already wet & rainy, so that is miserable enough. I want to be there for H to take our daughter because he is super-stressed, but shoes & walking hurts so much. H has one opportunity to impress and convince a university department to hire him & on a tenure track (professor retiring). Electrical engineering wanted to hire him, but they don't have the money & are suggesting him to this position for mechanical engineering. But the thing is, H's PhD is in Physical Chemistry. Though he can do mechanical engineering and has taught at-risk high schoolers physics for 4 years (a lot of the type of students this university gets). He knows all about computer modelling, CAD drawing, mechanics, making things work, he just lacks the right degree. And the department had some recent state audit that looks not just at the books but that made the engineering department look bad for having a bad student to professor ratio and not a single native American-born professor (no matter the race) in the department, which has a majority of students from the U.S. All these professors have a departmental thing Friday afternoon. They want H there and to try to sell himself to mech. engineering. He's got to put together all his various experiences from making a nanotube reactor in grad school to work with NASA contractors, to doing algorithms for a failed startup company to high school teaching and his various computer & high math skills (he is certified to teach high school math & computer science, and apparently the math test is a bear to pass).

But H only found out about this yesterday, and it's an all-or-nothing thing. So he is stressed too. I really, really hope he gets this job. It would mean a move, but I don't care, tenure track at a university has been his dream job since obtaining a PhD.

So I'd feel terrible if he took our daughter trick-or-treating alone, especially without a change of clothes, panties, pads, being able to help her in the restroom should she have an accident. He does not know how to handle this sort of situation. He doesn't even like to have sex when I'm on my period unless it is in the shower (sorry, TMI).

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Hugs from:
eskielover