Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 02, 2018 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
Thank you. I've been through a lot myself...the last thing I want is to lose her, and I almost lost her once...when we evacuated to the hotel, we received a phone call that there was a dead gray-and-white cat on our property. I heard my dad say, "Yes, that was my daughter's cat, bag her up" and I couldn't believe it until he said, "I'm sorry, LL, Evy's dead." I absolutely lost it. I screamed so loud the whole hotel could hear me. It was honestly worse than losing the house or any of my precious belongings. Then when we went to go dig at our house, guess who quite literally jumped out of what was my bedroom window? Evy! After that, I would spend up to 6 hours every day looking for her.

I was able to rescue her with the help of a "professional cat lady" who devoted her time rescuing misplaced cats and reuniting them with their owners. That's a whole story right there, but to have her back in my arms was the best feeling in the whole world.

And this is our first photo together:

The meds must have kicked in, because she's gone silent for the first time in well, two hours! On the ride up to our new home, it took her EXACTLY two hours on the dot for her to go silent. I had to stand up to see where she is, she's sitting right beside me with a little "What?" from her when I looked at her. Finally, she's silent! I think she'll spend the rest of the night okay. I think it's been exactly two hours from when I gave her the pill...at least they work like the vet said they would!
What a great mommie you are to your sweet pooter kitty!! I am glad yawl are squared away! Your kitty is beautiful! I had a tuxedo, he was the sweetest kitty I ever had. xoxoxoxox

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote