Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2015
141 hugs
given
Default Nov 07, 2018 at 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelikemusic View Post
Thank you, Nike007.

I know the criteria for PTSD. I'm diagnosed with it. I guess this just confused me because the fear you described having around your mother is the same fear I have around all of my family members and it was enough to get me that diagnosis.

But then again, I suppose the sufferer only has to feel that way. I guess that's why I described my home growing up as a warzone. I felt like I was constantly fighting for my life.
I don't know. I guess it just depends on the person diagnosing you. I am unsure if it is for insurance purposes or for treatment purposes. I just do a lot of talk therapy as CBT didn't really do anything for me.

My therapist and I work on building boundaries and just coping with the feelings from the past. And it's a lot of work. I do my best with it all.

DX: GAD; ASD; recurrent, treatment-resistant MDD; PTSD

RX: Prozac 20 mg; BuSpar 10 mg 2x a day; Ativan 0.5 mg PRN; Omega 3 Fish Oil; Trazodone, 50 mg (sleep); Melatonin 3-9 mg

Previous RX: Zoloft, 25-75mg; Lexapro 5-15mg; Luvox 25-50mg; Effexor XR 37.5-225mg

I have ASD so please be kind if I say something socially unacceptable. Thank you.
Nike007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
alittlelikemusic, MickeyCheeky