Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
85 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 10, 2018 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDownAround View Post
I have had to adopt very strict habits for my phone, keys and wallet; where I keep them (specific pockets in nearly everything I wear with a few necessary exceptions) and how often I check for them (basically made this become a nervous habit). Whenever something is out of my wallet - credit card, ID, insurance card, etc - I keep my wallet in my hand until I get whatever I took out back and put it away. I always immediately put appointments in calendar and have multiple reminders turned on by default. I am not this detail oriented or **** by nature; it was very difficult to get these habits established, but the consequences of my absent mindedness were occurring far too frequently. I didn't establish the habits until a few years ago as it was/is getting worse. Most of my life I lost stuff and missed appointments all the time.
I have done this after repeatedly losing my cell phone so many times. Now, I only keep it on the charger or in my purse. Always checking for keys to be in my purse because if I come in carrying things like the mail, I'm apt to toss the keys into the trash with the junk mail. I have done that 3 or 4 times now. Same thing with my wallet and cards. I went through the drive-thru ATM line at the bank, and I left without my debit card. Thank God the person behind me was honest and turned it into the bank. Have left behind a credit card too; thankfully, at a super small grocery store, and the checkout clerk realized it before I made it to my car. Checking I have this stuff with me when I'm not home is like you said, a nervous habit. Sometimes, even when I'm home. If I lose my keys, I can't get to where I need to be in time even if I know my keys have to be in the house somewhere because I haven't left. I downloaded a super loud ringtone for my cell phone to help find it should I lose it in the house. My daughter says it's embarrassing any time my phone rings when we're out, like at the store or something, but I need all the help I can get!

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
BipolaRNurse, Wild Coyote