Thread: Constant Fear
View Single Post
CrT0811

Member Since Nov 2018
49 hugs
given
Default Nov 16, 2018 at 12:21 AM

The one thing I continue to struggle with is fear. It can come out of nowhere and most of the time is not a frightful fear, it’s the fear of being in trouble...of getting caught. I haven’t DONE anything to warrant this feeling in over thirty years yet I cannot get rid of it!!! These fears have no basis in my current life, I’m an advanced age adult with nothing to be afraid of.

I was physically and emotionally abused as a child and adolescent by my father and sexually abused my a family friend at the age of 3-4-5 (not sure of age but before beginning public school).

I know this probably belongs in another spot but the bipolar forum is the most active and I am bipolar so...yeah...

I have worked on this off and on over the years. I’ve been successful at releasing so many other debilitating emotional crutches but this one is sooo very deep.

Does anyone else struggle with this or been able to release and overcome it?

I feel if I could let go of this, the war with myself would be all but over.

Maybe we can help each other because I have yet to experience a therapy or technique that works for me.
CrT0811 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45023, Anonymous55879, MickeyCheeky, Tryingtobehappy5, wildflowerchild25, xRavenx