View Single Post
Human3284

Member Since Feb 2017
Default Nov 18, 2018 at 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Human - there are other people in the world. Give someone else a chance.

Put your wallet away. Offer your time and interest to others. Let go of 2017. It's history. Soon it will be 2019. It will come with opportunities. Be alert for them. You won't even spot them. if you're living in the past.

Sometimes life won't give us the exact, specific thing or person we want. So you see what else and who else is available. Or you can say: "No, I want what I want , and I'm not settling for anything else." It's like holding your breath till you turn blue because the exact outcome you wanted didn't come about. That is being a chump. You have to be flexible . . . ready to switch plans . . . ready to change what you target. Life laughs at us when we're not.

It is hurtful to find that a bond you thought existed isn't there. I've felt the pain. You want to ask the person - "Why? What happened?" Sometimes you just don't get an answer. There's no law of the Universe that says we have a right to get answers to what puzzles or perplexed us. Somethings we'll just never know . . . never understand. It takes some humility to accept that. That's the road to wisdom, IMHO. Stop picking at a wound, and it can heal.

I will slowly distance myself from her until we both don't realize we aren't communicating and life goes on. Idk what I will do if she noticed we had not talked in a long time and asks what happened, probably just tell her the truth and maybe one day we would reconnect when we are older or something. She text me when I book an appointment (massage therapist) it's free of charge, but I told her I rather pay for it, you know to support the new biz.

Quote:
I don't think you are a "chump" for helping someone reach their dream job. I think that was admirable of you.
I'm a chump for thinking maybe we could have been friends. We had that connection for that 1 summer, 1 time I still remember really vividly her next to me on a bench talking about everything and saying stuff like "let's move forward, right now", it was the most open and non nervous/awkward moment I had had with her, could just keep talking and talking and so could she, we even flirted, she held my hand appreciating what I did for her,. I'd do it all over again and help her if I could and I text her that I was glad she accepted my help and that if she is ever in trouble again I hope she would let me help her again and that I also appreciate her, but I need to leave I think. I guess some things you will never know the answer to, like this. I guess it was a bit of a romantic friendship in a way.
Human3284 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, MickeyCheeky, Rose76

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Buffy01, MickeyCheeky