View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Next year when I turn 27 it'll be time to swap out my IUD. I need the IUD to control the intensity of my periods. But 27 is such an odd age. I'm hoping I'll be married, settled down, and having kids when I hit my 30s. At least, I hope so. Who knows what will happen by the time I turn 30? I'm in a relationship where we're both done with the dating scene and are both looking to settle down, it may not last, or it may last forever, who knows?

What do I do when I turn 27? Is it that big of a deal to swap it out and then change my mind when I'm ready to have kids? Do I try other methods of birth control? I was initially on the pill which regulated my periods, but if I miss a pill I'm screwed! There must be no accidental pregnancy! There's the Nexaplon which may be a better option IF it regulates my period. But either way, I'll have to take out my IUD, and I was so scared last time with the "contraction pill" and I was so scared that I asked to be knocked out, but I'm not sure if the IUD is best for me anymore.

What should I do?
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote