View Single Post
WarpedTrekker

Member Since Jul 2018
Default Dec 01, 2018 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I know it's a different class of med, but I think I'm having similar issues with Abilify with elevated heart rate (not sure about BP--haven't checked it in the few weeks since I've been taking it). My p-doc said to stop taking Abilify and see if it helps. I was also on Lamictal for a bit in the past and it increased my anxiety--I forget whether it affected my heart rate.

Also, you mention dysautonomia. You said how on Lamictal your heart rate would go up considerably when you stand up. Are you still having that issue? If so, you may want to check into a condition called POTS
What happened? Is your heart rate better?

I am now having minor to extreme anxiety attacks that I never had before taking Lamictal. I think it messed up my body. I can just be out with friends and laughing about a joke and then I get hit by an anxiety episode or a major panic attack. One day I went out to eat with a friend. Was driving home and immediately started shaking and having an extreme anxiety attack. It felt like I was going to die and felt like something wrong with my heart. I took Klonopin tablet and then that helped.

My current psych has no other options for me since I'm on Multaq for AFIB. I'm looking to find another psych.
WarpedTrekker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote