View Single Post
clydeblack

Member Since Mar 2018
249 hugs
given
Default Dec 01, 2018 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
That is awesome! I had this ritual (back from the severe days of my ED) when I would pick the chocolate chips out of chocolate chip bagels and eat them one by one. I think it took me 10 years to stop doing that, helped by the fact I no longer live 5 minutes from a bagel/coffee shop.

I have one ritual I wish I could break but don't think it's possible at this point. Again, when my ED was bad, I started clenching and grinding my teeth while asleep. Even with proper nutrition, I still clench (though the grinding stopped). Apparently, that can be caused by lack of nutrients. I have broken so many teeth that way. I still clench super hard overnight. I have a nightguard and can usually keep it in 5 days a week or so (used to pull it out in my sleep nightly).

I used to bite my nails a lot and realized at some point I had just stopped doing it, but it was nothing I had to make an effort to quit.

I do like to eat soup for lunch when H is at work and my daughter at school, different varieties though and usually with different fruit or veggies or yogurt. Not completely the same. But I would eat a sandwich for dinner every night if I could. I hate cooking. No option with a family though.
Oh that sounds awful. I have had so many tooth problems in the past and can understand that it probably hurts. It's good that you were able to break the chocolate chip cycle! It must be difficult getting over an ED.

Yeah, cooking can feel like a big task...guess that's why most people love cereal?
clydeblack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote