Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2018 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I'm normal weight. I spent a couple years obese. My typical weight before I got on antipsychotics was on the low end or just below the mark of underweight. When I got off the antipsychotic I lost a massive amount of weight, now I'm in the normal bmi range for my height. Although I still feel like it's very high and that I'm huge. I've been trying to get back to my weight from before I got on the APs.
Don't I understand the feeling. I was actually at the low normal end of my bmi (for about 6 months) when that ulcer perforated (obviously, it was symptomless though they say eating more tends to help with duodenal ulcer pain, maybe I ate more subconsciously, who knows?) I was running to tone up, not a ridiculous amount, what a normal person in decent shape might run. I wasn't even weighing myself that often. Of course, I felt horribly overweight, but when they did the surgery they had to alter it some because of my having too much muscle and not enough fat in some area. I lost over 10 lb. in the hospital. That has got to be one of the worst, most painful surgeries a person can have. And now I'm thinner and wish I were thinner, but I can't get thinner, I have a pre-teen daughter, she already asks why I'm so small. Luckily, I eat normally, but it's the excessive exercise that gets me in trouble.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Hugs from:
katydid777