View Single Post
ChickenNoodleSoup
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,307 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 06, 2018 at 11:19 AM

T wore a jacket he had worn two years ago. Last year he only wore a T-Shirt even in Winter.
I started by telling him about my trip home last Friday.
Possible trigger:

We went quiet for a while, then I mentioned having seen my new doctor this morning. She agreed to continue referring me to my T so I could see him. T: "We almost thought that she'd say that!" I replied: "You maybe did, I didn't!" He laughed. I also mentioned starting my job only in February now and asked whether I could still see him twice a week in January. He said yes.

He said things seem to be going okay at the moment. I agreed with that, since now can relax and since that doctor has agreed to me seeing my T. He answered it seems this still stressed me out. I replied that she could have just said I couldn't see him anymore! He told me that no doctor would do that. I said there's bad doctors out there too. I told him about one time I was at the doctor's with my mom, I was around 13 years old. I kept getting sick and throwing up in the morning, so we wanted to check that out. The doctor took a book from his shelf, read in it for a while, then said he had no idea what was wrong with me and told us to leave. When we were walking out, I told my mom: "Did you see, that guy has the same book as we do at home!" T laughed again. Then he asked why it bothered me that guy consulted a book, isn't that what good doctors do? I agreed, but said if the book doesn't tell you anything, then the doctor shouldn't just say they don't know. He should do tests or something. I even knew at the time that this was happening since I was so stressed. T said maybe the doctor thought it wasn't too bad, feeling a bit sick from time to time. I got a bit upset and asked whether he thinks throwing up once or twice a week is healthy. He said he hadn't realized it was that often and involved throwing up. Then he said but at least the doctor was honest and told you he didn't know. To that I said that he should have given me recommendations for people who could figure out what was wrong. He shouldn't just send me away.

T said how doctors often do that, they do all these tests and can't figure out anything that's wrong, so they tell the patient everything's fine. But the patient still doesn't feel well. Often that for examples with panic attacks, where people think they have heart attacks instead.
He said how he's on purpose arguing with me about this. He said we're trying to think about what this guy might have thought such that I don't always just jump to bad assumptions about people.
Shortly after that, we confirmed we'd see each other on Friday and then said good bye.

Hugs from:
Echos Myron redux, LabRat27, LonesomeTonight, lucozader, SlumberKitty