Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2018 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberful View Post
You might want to consider seeing another T on a short term basis to help with support around the loss.

I hope it gets easier for you.
I just can't. I can't risk going through this again. I can't pay someone else to hurt me. I can't trust any therapist again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatenoir View Post
Hi DP,

Have you tried asking your doctor for Omeprazole (or whatever the equivalent is where you are?) for the nausea?

I had a boss five years ago who left me so stressed, that I was throwing up every morning. Omeprazole helped with the nausea, and when I left that job, I decreased dosage and then came off of it. But it did help while I was on it.

I'm sorry you're going through this.
Nope I have not, but he doesn't prescribe meds anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryOozit View Post
How have you coped with other endings in your life? No one here can guess what will work best for you, indeed some of the suggestions will probably aggravate you. Have confidence that you know what you need.
I only had my dog... most other "Endings" were natural... people just naturally became distant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingerEsme View Post
One thing I learned working with the center for grieving children is the I Remember When closure experience. I use it myself in real life a lot, and it works. Each person just takes turns looking back at the life and times shared together, and telling a small story that happened . I remember when. . . not trying to make it profound or a big memory- just the real nitty gritty. It makes a beautiful conversation and makes peace within a terrible situation . The only rule is each person has to start with I remember when
That's a lovely idea. I asked him to write a goodbye letter and I wrote him one, we will read them to each other next week. Sort of similar.

Hugs from:
Anonymous56789, LonesomeTonight