Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 08, 2018 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
It's really interesting reading people's different experiences and emotional reactions to therapy. Reading other people's experiences and opinions about therapy helped me a lot.
agreed. i too find it interesting too, and when i was struggling in therapy and with my T, doubting that i was doing it correctly, that i was too blame, i found it invaluable to hear of others experiences, both good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post

It may help to distinguish that it wasn't just a "transference" that was the issue. More like, it became reenactment. The T wasn't fully conscious of her stuff, and couldn't get there, and hence couldn't help me. And I was traumatically bonded to her, and to the idea of therapy as help for my problems. A very negative, and hurtful, experience.
same, it was not just transference for me either but painful reenactments playing out over and over again. when i started to become more regulated in my emotions, i could see the difference between what i called 'healthy' and 'unhealthy' transference. the unhealthy transference was more about traumatic bonding. as the unhealthy transference began to fade for me i still encountered some transference with my ex-T, but it was manageable and i could work through it with ease. and that is the difference, the unhealthy transference was never workable. it just kept me stuck in a continuous loop spirally downward even further into despair.

Thanks for this!
here today