Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 08, 2018 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
No, not at all. Therapy served its purpose, quite successfully. My therapy wasn't about him. I like the man a great deal, but once my therapy was no longer needed, I also no longer needed him. He served a very functional purpose for a long time, but he no longer serves that purpose; thus, I've moved on. I run into him from time to time in stores, etc., but he's kind of like that old coworker you used to work with in your last job. You liked them well enough, but you've both moved on to other jobs. You're surprised and pleased to run into each other from time to time, but you catch up for a few minutes and go back to your shopping. LOL.
this is similar for me as well. i still care deeply for my T, but no longer need him and i have moved on. i too remain in contact with my ex-T, pop into him from time to time, have had a few meet ups, and similar to what you said, for me it is like running into an old acquaintance. we both enjoyed each other enough, but we have our own lives and have moved onto new things. it feel very normal, is pleasant time spent for a brief period, and not the least bit awkward. it's good to know that you to have been able to experince similar after your therapy.

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, here today