Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 09, 2018 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingerEsme View Post
I like how he supports your freedom and agency to stay, leave or find another T, and there he DOES explore with you- is it just him, is it other T's , whys. . . He is great there and not defensive like about his son.

I think this is where T's say I am human too.

My big sense is his son is a trigger for him, and it is more about that than about you in this episode.
Yes, I do really appreciate that he supports whatever exploration I need to do about him being the right fit for me or not. Yes, I know this is what a T should do...but he seems particularly open about it and not defensive. With ex-MC, when we had the rupture a year ago, it seemed like he was trying to convince us to stay and work through things. Plus the whole "working through the transference" stuff. (He also said I should go back to ex-T and work through my maternal transference for her with her...) And we kept going for longer than we probably should have (though less often), I think in part because of that.

I do get the sense his son is a particular trigger for him. As are some other things about his personal life (like if he's going out of town, he refuses to say where he's going or even simply if it's personal or business, and seemed very bothered when I was curious--ex-T and ex-MC were always forthcoming with that). Yet he randomly mentioned his wife having ADHD a couple different times fairly early on in seeing him (he otherwise only rarely mentions his wife). And this was before I mentioned H having ADHD.