leomama
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 07:38 AM

PTSD Projection | PTSD Reenactment | PTSD Depression

I read this and I thought uh oh. It lists 5 types of projections and then asks you which one are you.

I identify with the first one. I had an abusive mother and a neglectful father and currently my childhood wounds have been blown wide open by being discarded by the one I love. I wasn’t able to tell him I love him and he never took time out of his busy schedule to see me but tossed me aside in favor of new people/experiences. I had no idea I still had these deep wounds inside of me. I’ve had years of therapy, cbt, dbt, took medication, took time off work to raise my daughter on my own and now I find myself reduced to a child who was abandoned by her daddy in a zoo. I am lost and confused and trying to find my way back home. I can’t sleep. If this continues I’m going to have to talk my doctor about ambien and maybe go see a psychiatrist again. My therapist wasn’t really helping me, my psychiatrist pointed this out to me, but he’s expensive so I’ve been trying to handle this on my own. Even my psychiatrist triggers me because he reminds me of the profound failings of my father towards me as a daughter which is why I stay away from him. I’m a freaking mess and need help. [emoji17]
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today, Open Eyes