Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet8 View Post
I am really afraid that I could lose my leadership position if I seek counseling from a lady in the church, because I would be afraid of being viewed as unstable. I really wanted to see this counselor because she fought through cancer, overcame and is cancer free and I am battling chronic pain and want to learn from her strength.
For me, I don't think the perspective that someone in counseling is "unstable" is valid at all, and would have a hard time being part of a community where this was the case. Are you sure that's just not your fear that you're calling about someone else?

But it seems to me there's more than one or two options. You have experienced recently the other counselor as "tried and true" so I'd go back there as long as the travel isn't prohibitive.

Could you actively facilitate an unnamed relationship with the person at your church, asking something like, "I'm battling some chronic pain issues and would like to learn more from your strength in your health battles. Would you be willing to talk to me sometime about your experience?"
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty, unaluna