View Single Post
BeastMan

Member Since Dec 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Dec 14, 2018 at 06:20 PM

Thank you, Skeezyks, I appreciate your words and suggestions. I did try this some time ago (therapy) and here's my problem: they try to fix me. Now, I realize that that may be the Western model of therapy but I'm not residing in the West and many of their strategies are not only useless but detrimental here. Secondly, with the expression to my wife. I really don't know what to say? She's known me for a decade. What can I say to her what she doesn't already know? I'm not sure what this would accomplish.

Thank you regardless, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I'm sorry you are struggling with this difficult situation. I think the obvious suggestion would be to talk this through with a counselor or therapist. But you've written that is not possible. Plus you mentioned you don't have any friends or family you can confide in.

I do think your fears, with regard to this situation, are ones you probably need to share with your wife at some point, perhaps in the form of a letter (since I presume the two of you won't be together any time soon?) I don't know about you... but it's much easier for me to express myself in writing than it would be to talk things through over the phone. Plus, writing a letter allows you the benefit of writing it, letting it "cool" overnight, & then revising it before sending it off. Your letter then might be followed up with one or more phone conversation(s).

Still... before you would do something such as writing a letter, or talking by phone, you might still wish to have someone you could mull things over with. One option for that sort of thing that occurs to me is the 7 Cups of Tea website. (I should say I've never used it myself. But, from what I understand of it, it sounds as though it could possibly be one option for you.) Anyway... here's a link to the 7 Cups website:

My best wishes to you...
BeastMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote