View Single Post
DavidJanS
Account Suspended

Member Since Dec 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Dec 15, 2018 at 07:09 AM

Hello!

I have been posting here: (I cannot attach the link because I have not posted enough posts - even though it's a link to this forum...;-)

forums.psychcentral.com/new-member-introductions/527402-mythomania.html

But was told this forum is more focussed on relationships and partners.

I'm looking for people with mythomania who found a way how to admit it and start healing to find out whether this could work for my wife as well.

Or (ex) partners of mythimaniacs who might give me hints on how they managed to solve the resulting problems.

Mythomania is very easy to detect for people NOT having mythomania, but for the mythomaniacs themselfs it seems to be near to impossible to understand that "other people" FEEL guilty if they harm, damage, lie and destroy.

When I think back on the 15 years I lived with my wife most of the time in very intensive contact, none of us working "outside", being together many hours every day, I must say that for my wife life seemed to be a daily battle against everything that would not "fit" into her stories.

The self seems to be occupied with the fabrications, caught in the own web, no real development, change, improvement, but the same patterns every day. Battle battle battle to keep the stories "alive".

A word of critizism => hours of fights and attacks, every attack based on a new brazen lie and when mentioning that, another 10 lies are added, exponential growth of conflict.

I analyzed the letter of the lover of my wife, that, I'm sure, was written by my wife and he must have his psyche damaged already, as a non-mythomaniac should remember the events correctly and fear that policemen would witness the truth abut the event.

I think he started to believe my wife's stories MORE than his own memory and perception some time ago and his paranoia, fears and panic seems to grow.

It's not my business what happens to him and her, but my children must spend every second week there and that is my business.

It seems impossible to me to make the lover of my wife aware that his fate will be huge mental problems when he should not find a way back to perceive reality asap. Maybe it is too late for him as well?

I'm every time surprised when I become aware how extreme the effects of my wife's stories are.

She can tell you a story you would never believe if anyone else would tell, but when my wife tells it, you SEE yourself WITNESS it.

The story leaves you with the feeling that you have been there and seing everything with own eyes, hearing with yourown ears!

That is frightening and fascinating at the same time. My wife wrote two film scripts and played in two movies that had quite some success in her country.
The third is finished soon.

If she would tell her stories for money, she could earn quite some money CONFUSING people and making them think they sad beside her when she heroically managed to escape catastrophes, was victimized by mafiosos and so on..

But if the people knew she was a mythmaniac, they could focus on the fascinating side, the ability to TELL a story to someone who then would swear before court that he was witness of that story.

I think that, psychologically, the "lack of guilt" is what makes the difference. If "normal" people tell a story and they exaggerate or tell brazen lies, they feel guilty and the listeners notice that.

My wife can tell you, looking into your eyes, that 5 minutes ago an UFO landed on the field behind the house and you will start to believe that there are UFOs and look into the internet if the landing place behind the house is already listed in the "known UFO-landing places".

Then You talk about that with others, who laugh at you,"you really believe that, stupid?", doubts show up, you ask my wife whether she is sure and she will assure you, looking into your eyes and you will think: "she saw an UFO, 100%, I saw it as well!".

In case you should doubt in that moment, she will start hating you and make sure that you won't come into contact with her anymore,accusing you of the most evil thoughts and actions you could imagine.

She can look into your eyes and tell you that she loves you and two minutes later, when you still DOUBT her reality, rant at you the most vulgar expressions and make you feel her hate so intense you regret that you dared to have doubts.

Mythomania, to my understanding is a highly dagereous condition and if there is suspicion that someone has this, there should be institutional ways to test this and make sure that every mythomaniac is identified and treated, to my opinion as "victim of my wife", against the will of the disordered person.

There are guesses that 4% of the population "do not have the understanding/feeling of guilt" - are mythomaniacs. Image how many politicians might have this condition and lead their voters into ruin and chaos! Mythomaniacs are charismatic, the middle of every party, the most wanted experts, witnesses when they have the ability like my wife to make you BELIEVE EVERYTHING... how much of the problems in this world people must suffer under because some mythimaniac in a position of power acts according to his mental disorder?

From my experience, I believe that the KNOWLEDGE about mythomania should be much more present in the awareness of "the people", like paedophilia. It's no fun, it's demaging, devastating - and people have little to no knowledge about it.

I would be willing to inspire a fim, but all people I know in film-industry are connected with my wife and would never ever dare to think that this kind and charismatic person could be a notorious liar and must start to hate me if I tell so.

Best wishes
David
DavidJanS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, Blogwriter, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster