View Single Post
Mopey
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Laugh Dec 15, 2018 at 05:00 PM

Excellent rant, Emily Fox. Reminds me various folks I have worked with. And I believe you’re doing the healthiest thing for yourself to end this “friendship”

However, a couple of other thoughts. Firstly I have to agree with the writer above that it sounds like you would genuinely enjoy the company of others of the same calibre as yourself if you could find them. Personally from what you’ve shared it sounds like you’d make an oustanding friend and that maybe you’ve been holding onto the relationship so long because it seems to you to be the only game in town.

Secondly I do want to discuss your point about how people would think you
Are a serial killer because nobody ever comes to see you. People notice these things, you said. Oh boy, do they. That poked a very deep sore within me. So i can unequivicably assure you that just because no one comes to see someone it does NOT mean that person is a serial killer or otherwise means anyone else any harm. No, it may mean they are just a peaceful loving person like most others are, but for any number of reasons prefer to do most things by themselves.

Now i can assure you of this because this is the way i am, a naturalborn, card arrying loner, and I am sick, sick, sick of being looked at askance and lumped in with all sorts of creepy people just because I prefer to be by myself. So there.

That said, I wish you all the wonderful friendships in the world. You obviously deserve them.
Mopey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blogwriter, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Blogwriter, MickeyCheeky