Member Since Dec 2016
4,864 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2018 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainMaster9 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm a new member here. I am currently being treated for psychosis(delusions) with 6mg of paliperidone and 50mg of fluvoxamine. I have had untreated psychosis for 5 years and only recently been diagnosed and treated.

Ever since I was on the antipsychotics I noticed a lack of interest in the things that once bring me joy. Things like playing computer games, watching movies and netflix.

I was able to enjoy them before my treatment, during my period of psychosis. Is this anhedonia?
Has anyone else experienced the same lack of interest after being treated with antipsychotics?

It sucks because these were things that I used to love to do. Being able to chill and watch netflix and play computer games. But I find myself instead just mindlessly scrolling facebook, or the internet and lying in bed these days.

Not feeling like doing anything.

Paaliperidone is the primary metabolite of risperidone. I was on risperidone for 7 months and found it strongly deflated me of all interest in activities I normally enjoyed. While medication can cause it, it can also be caused by the illness itself too.
Findingreason is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy, TrainMaster9

Thanks for this!
still_crazy, TrainMaster9