View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Dec 17, 2018 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
Anybody else have this issue? I am the only one in my classes that seems to do this poorly on tests.
Absolutely. I will never do truly well on anything if it requires "standardized" testing. Which is in no way a measure of my intelligence or capability to do the work.

Multi choice exams themselves have a cheat. Typically they have two answers that are correct and close to each other and YOU have to guess what the tester wants of you. This off the top typically makes a few questions you could mess up even though you know the material. I have always though they are a way of evening the playing field.

I would say though that as I went on in school to college and grad school the more classes did not rely on standardized testing. Such as take home exams, presentations or essay exams. But you never truly are going to be able to escape such things. My certification exam for my profession was 50% multi choice and 50% essay.

I also don't like memorization but I did find a method that worked for me after a while. I don't seem to pick up material via reading it and trying to memorize it from the page. I seem to need to write it down. So for my years in school, I would do these index cards and just do them anytime I had a free minute. This also helped me not take visual cues from the book or outline and "purely" knew the material. The process of writing down the things on an index card more fully put them in my head.

Most of this information did come back to help me at some point so it was worth it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote